Life wouldn't be fun without the drama...
I have heard your cries for a new post, so away we go!
Thanksgiving came and went and still stands as one of my favorite holidays! It's always a nice time that makes me ever more thankful for my family. I am blessed to be close to my family and blessed to be surrounded by friends that are close to their families as well. It's been so nice to just sit and listen to their stories of bonding and spending time with family. Everyone's families are so unique and if you listen, families provide great insight to who a person is. I am so blessed that the Lord put me into the family of nut-jobs that he did. Man, I love them! (Now might be at good time to tell you that I come from a family that laughs endlessly and will do anything to be together. They enjoy a good stiff drink...or 10...and often wonder what the world is in such an uproar about and why people think life is so hard, often commenting that everyone would be a lot better off it they would just sit back, have a drink, and relax for a minute. See, don't you understand me a little better now?)
Now, for the on-going drama of my life...TRINIDAD! I received a call from Chuck Davis to update me on the happenings of Trinidad yesterday. It now seems that Roger Dabideen, who has been on staff with us from the beginning, is considering pastoring Church of the Central Plain. He has been meeting with the church members in his home on Sunday mornings since the close of the church. Roger has a wonderful heart and is very well respected in the village. If this were to take place, it is possible that the church could reopen very quickly! This is SOOO exciting! So, what does this mean for me, you might be asking???
Well, there is a possibility that we may send a team down for a year. We feel that a team atmosphere would be safe and good for the church. I'm not jumping off any cliffs here, but I am asking anyone who reads this to keep this in prayer. God works in such crazy ways. Was God proving to me that he is in control through giving and taking this away and then maybe giving it back? I certainly have realized his control through this situation. Was God showing me that he is going to work all things for the good...not that all things ARE good, but that He, being the God that He is, works all things FOR good? I have certainly seen His sovereign hand working His plan in this situation. Whatever happens, there have been lessons learned by this child from her Father.
See...it all works out...Life's not really that hard!
Thanksgiving came and went and still stands as one of my favorite holidays! It's always a nice time that makes me ever more thankful for my family. I am blessed to be close to my family and blessed to be surrounded by friends that are close to their families as well. It's been so nice to just sit and listen to their stories of bonding and spending time with family. Everyone's families are so unique and if you listen, families provide great insight to who a person is. I am so blessed that the Lord put me into the family of nut-jobs that he did. Man, I love them! (Now might be at good time to tell you that I come from a family that laughs endlessly and will do anything to be together. They enjoy a good stiff drink...or 10...and often wonder what the world is in such an uproar about and why people think life is so hard, often commenting that everyone would be a lot better off it they would just sit back, have a drink, and relax for a minute. See, don't you understand me a little better now?)
Now, for the on-going drama of my life...TRINIDAD! I received a call from Chuck Davis to update me on the happenings of Trinidad yesterday. It now seems that Roger Dabideen, who has been on staff with us from the beginning, is considering pastoring Church of the Central Plain. He has been meeting with the church members in his home on Sunday mornings since the close of the church. Roger has a wonderful heart and is very well respected in the village. If this were to take place, it is possible that the church could reopen very quickly! This is SOOO exciting! So, what does this mean for me, you might be asking???
Well, there is a possibility that we may send a team down for a year. We feel that a team atmosphere would be safe and good for the church. I'm not jumping off any cliffs here, but I am asking anyone who reads this to keep this in prayer. God works in such crazy ways. Was God proving to me that he is in control through giving and taking this away and then maybe giving it back? I certainly have realized his control through this situation. Was God showing me that he is going to work all things for the good...not that all things ARE good, but that He, being the God that He is, works all things FOR good? I have certainly seen His sovereign hand working His plan in this situation. Whatever happens, there have been lessons learned by this child from her Father.
See...it all works out...Life's not really that hard!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home