Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Wow, so it's been a while...

You don't realize how long it's been since you've posted something on here until someone comments that they actually read your blog the other day and then you realize, "so, okay...I haven't written on there in about three months!" So, let's see...what to tell my faithful readers (is there anyone out there?)...

I really have to say that things have been good. Really good. Not the type of good that you say when things aren't great, but you'd rather not say that they're bad. The type of good that is actually really good. The past three months have been pretty nuts, but the Lord's blessings have been abundent! Here's a few highlights...

1) I went to Florida with my family to a family wedding in March. Not only was the setting the Ritz Carlton at West Palm Beach with ain't so bad folks, but the company was amazing. My entire family traveled in from all over the US. We spent four days not doing much more than laughing. It had been a long time since my family has gotten together. I see them all pretty consistently, but not all together at the same time. My family is one of the most precious things to me. They make up who I am. I would not be anywhere near the same person if I had not grown up with 19 cousins that were more like brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles that had more important things to do than keep the 19 cousins out of trouble! When it comes to things the Lord has blessed me with, my family is tops!

2) Ohhh, I turned 26! It was a great birthday. I really was not looking forward to it. I mean, it's just not exciting. 26 isn't really close to 30...25 was big because it was 25...just wasen't that exciting! But, it turned out to be one of the best birthdays I've ever had. I felt so loved! It seemed like the celebrations lasted for days and I soaked in every moment that I got to spend with my friends. Twenty six was probably the best birthday yet...I plan on it staying that way as I really have no intentions of getting any older!

3) I've been wondering for a long time, well, since Trinidad didn't pan out really...what the Lord would have me to do. Where do I belong in this whole picture of God's kingdom? Finally...a few months ago, God dropped some direction on my lap. I'm not really ready to say what that direction is yet, but I'm so thankful! I've finally come to a place where I feel like I have to trust the character of God over what the plans might "look" like...even if it means my career or my comfort.

4) The lastest insanity in my life has been Chris H.'s ordination and graduation! It's been a very exciting time! Last weekend was his Ordination at his home church in Reidsville. We went down early and spent the day hanging out with his family. They are some of the most genuine and loving people I've met. It really helps me to understand where Chris gets his genuine sweet spirit from! At the Ordination, pastors that have influenced and led Chris spoke, including his grandfather. I know this was one of the most special things about the day for Chris. Their relationship is one that intrigues me though. Most grandfathers, when their grandson is getting Ordained, would look on with a sense of pride. After all..it's a very proud moment. As I watched Chris' grandfather watch Chris, it wasen't pride that I saw...it was confidence. Confidence that his grandson was going to make an eternal difference in this world. Confidence that his grandson knew exactly where he was going. Confidence that his grandson was prepared to meet the world's challenges.

Chris' last exam was yesterday so we had a bit of a fiesta last night with some friends. It was a great time! Graduation is this weekend...I hope he takes the time to soak in the accomplishment. But, knowing Chris, it's on to the next thing..."saving the world", perhaps??

That's the update from me. God's been teaching and I feel like I've been learning, so I'll press on. Not knowing what's ahead, but knowing the character of the God that proceeds my every footstep...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great to hear from ya miss sam!!! we need to get together soon...it is ice cream weather now! let's work on a plan...

9:29 PM  
Blogger Sam Ed. said...

Hey D-Gore...let's do that very soon! I'll try and give you a hollar soon! Much love...miss you!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sam... How is that 26th year going? OK, so only a few months have passed, but hopefully it is still a great year. I only have a few more months to enjoy my 27th year...and I hope it is awesome! Trinidad is now upon us, and I am so excited to get to know you and some of our friends in a new light..and to make new friends!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me just add, that I think God will do wonderful things with our Trinidad team, and through our team. I am ready to see what he's got in store for us and the Trinidadians and Tobagoens(?). ;)

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam,

Sweety... it is about time for a new post, dear.

Nov. 2006
Happy Thanksgiving!
Lisa

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home