Saturday, February 04, 2006

Copper...the 90lb. terror!

So, as most of you know, I moved in with my friend Lisa and her dog Spirit last weekend. Spirit is a sweet, well behaved dog. Copper...is not. Well, he used to be (contrary to what others may think). When we lived in our tiny apartment Copper knew his limits. He knew what he could chew on and what he couldn’t. He knew when to bark, and when not to. He knew to listen when I sounded like I meant business. Apparently, all of this must be relearned. Here are a couple of things he has done that I have found annoying, but you might find humorous...

1) Copper decided to play with my NCSU Elephant named Packy who he KNOWS is off limits. He ripped a hole in him and beads went everywhere...I mean everywhere. There are currently clear beads all up and down our hallway (shhhh...Lisa doesn’t know yet, she’s still asleep)!

2) He has learned very quickly that I have to wipe his feet before he can come in from the backyard. I don’t know if he doesn’t like to have his feet wiped or if he just NEVER wants to come inside. Every time I go outside to let them in, he stands at the bottom of stairs and looks at me as if to say "Look, I know what you want me to do and I feel bad, I really do, but I’m not going to do it." This, so far, has made me late to work twice in one week. Something’s got to give!
3) (Now this one was my fault, but still annoying none-the-less!) This morning Lisa and I let the dogs out and then she went back to bed. I said I’d stay up and let them back in. I laid down on the couch and Apparently was down for the count! I woke up about 45 minutes later and it was pouring down rain! Needless to say, both dogs were wet and muddy! This created a beautiful scene in the kitchen with me trying to clean them up. Again, probably good that Lisa was asleep. I don’t think she would have found my dogs behavior funny (of course, neither did I, but he has a face that only a mother could love!)!


All of this to say, we’ve got some work to do for Copper to relearn some boundaries. He’s a good boy, well, kind of! I mean, imagine if you were one year old and weighed 90 lbs...you’d be a little out of control too!

2 Comments:

Blogger jeff said...

I'll have Bobbi-Jo say a prayer for Copper... that'll solve all your problems with him.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sam Ed. said...

No, Jeff...nooooo! Animals die when Bobbi-Jo prays for them! No praying for my dog Bobbi-Jo...NONE!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home