Sunday, July 22, 2007

What the hell is a "wire cutting department"....

"Special assistance needed in the wire cutting department...special assistance needed in the wire cutting department."...that's what finally did me in...in the middle of Lowes.

It finally hit me...What the heck was I thinking buying a house when I didn't even know that Lowes had a "wire cutting department"? What the heck was I thinking buying a house without a husband? I bet he'd know what they did in a "wire cutting department." I think I may have just bitten of a little more than I can chew. I walk in somewhere like Lowe's and I get a knot in my stomach. I feel overwhelmed as I watch 20 guys in red vests walk by not giving me a second look because I'm a girl.

I don't want to think that I purchased a house because it felt like what I "should" do. But then again, I am who they are talking to when they talk about peer pressure, so anything is possible. What was so wrong with an apartment or house with a landlord? I may have been paying money to "the man" but at least I didn't have break downs in the middle of Lowes.

Anyone want a house?

(PS - If you happened to have witnessed my breakdown in the middle of Lowes today, my most sincere apology. Please don't be afraid...)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're hilarious!!! lowe's scares me...i don't go in there without a man with me (jason, my dad, brother, etc). and just to make you feel better i have no idea what the hell a wire cutting department is...seriously can there be enough of a demand for wire cutting to warrent have a department?!?!

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam - so I walked into Lowe's yesterday to buy a toilet bowl handle b/c one of ours broke (yes the things you buy once you have a house)...and am looking in that aisle.. and I hear them come over the speakers and say "Help needed in wire cutting department".. they repeated it as well.. and I just started laughing out loud... the guy in the aisle with me just kind of looked at me real funny! Thanks for making me laugh so hard! :) Lowe's can be a very overwhelming place!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

Maybe I'm childish, but just using the word "hell" really adds a lot of interest to this particular blog.

Ladies, sometimes you just need some freakin wire cut. I think you should go into Lowes and hit the button asking for assistance for wire cutting and then run like hell.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Sam Ed. said...

Thank you, Jon...I thought "hell" added some extra empasis that was needed.

Running like hell in Lowe's, Sam Ed.

10:14 AM  
Blogger MissJordyPants said...

I'm so proud of you! Going out and buying a house and buying stuff to fix it at Lowe's. You're amazingly strong and awesome and I am beaming with pride!

I bet there's lots of wire that needs to be cut though. Phone wire. Cable wire. Clothes line wire. You know, wire.

However, if you do find that you need some assistance (of the wire cutting or any other) I've got a good handyman that I can loan you :-)

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home