Body: Slow and Steady?
Beginning Weight: 190
Weight Loss Goal: 10 lbs.
Total Weight loss Week 3: 1 lb.
Total Weight Loss to Date: 3 lbs
Current Weight: 187
So, slow and stead wins the race huh? Maybe in fairy tales, but this is getting frustrating. Not frustrating with the diet, but with me. I really haven't been giving this my all...obviously. Circumstances in recent weeks in my life have just not led to any type of desire to give anything my all. So, for those who were reading this and tuning in to see some great achievement, I apologize. I will do better.
My motivation to do better...Trinidad and Michigan. Next weekend (July 5) I leave for Trinidad for a week. Trinidad, no special preparation needed. But, added advantage, I hardly eat while I'm there and I'm outside in 100 degree weather for a week and walk like a million miles, so, i usually manage to work off a few pounds while I'm there. Michigan, that's a whole other story. The next weekend I head to a family wedding...where, folks, I must look good. I don't know why, but I must. So, three weeks. Ready, set, find some motivation....
(For the record...after last week, no adult beverages were consumed this week. 1/2 lb. more weight loss...really??? Somebody fix me a drink...)
Weight Loss Goal: 10 lbs.
Total Weight loss Week 3: 1 lb.
Total Weight Loss to Date: 3 lbs
Current Weight: 187
So, slow and stead wins the race huh? Maybe in fairy tales, but this is getting frustrating. Not frustrating with the diet, but with me. I really haven't been giving this my all...obviously. Circumstances in recent weeks in my life have just not led to any type of desire to give anything my all. So, for those who were reading this and tuning in to see some great achievement, I apologize. I will do better.
My motivation to do better...Trinidad and Michigan. Next weekend (July 5) I leave for Trinidad for a week. Trinidad, no special preparation needed. But, added advantage, I hardly eat while I'm there and I'm outside in 100 degree weather for a week and walk like a million miles, so, i usually manage to work off a few pounds while I'm there. Michigan, that's a whole other story. The next weekend I head to a family wedding...where, folks, I must look good. I don't know why, but I must. So, three weeks. Ready, set, find some motivation....
(For the record...after last week, no adult beverages were consumed this week. 1/2 lb. more weight loss...really??? Somebody fix me a drink...)

3 Comments:
Sam! You're doing a great job - don't get discouraged! I didn't know you were going to Trinidad again! Have a great time - we really will have to have a catch up night after we all get back into town. I'd love to see your Trinidad pictures and hear your stories too! Have a great trip! We'll be praying for you.
Sam! A pound a week is great! It takes time to lose AND gain weight. I weighed 160 lbs in high school, now I'm around 215-220, and most of it's muscle. A couple of tips if you want to push the weight off:
My favorite exercise book: The New Power Program By Michael Colgan (this is weightlifting specific, which is the best way to burn calories by increasing your resting metabolism, i.e. lean mass. NO, you won't get huge and become manly (ENORMOUS myth). Female bodybuilders use chemicals to create that look.
http://www.amazon.com/New-Power-Program-Protocols-Strength/dp/1896817009
Also you might want to read Body, Mind, and Sport by John Douillard. Exercise should be fun, and I think he has some good ideas on how to get there:
http://www.amazon.com/Body-Mind-Sport-Mind-Body-Lifelong/dp/0609807897
For dieting, don't try to figure it out yourself. If you are going to "diet" focus on the glycemic index. You need fuel, and the better the fuel the better the results. That said, don't try to figure it out yourself, I'd hire someone to help you. A virtual assistant could prepare a meal plan and order the food at your grocery store. All you'd have to do is put it together.
I'd recommend:
www.getfriday.com
www.concierge.ie
OR bid it out on eLance. You might even find someone local willing to cook for you! How great would that be, and it's cheaper than you think.
Good job Sam! They always say that it is healthiest to lose 1 pound per week so you are doing great! Don't get discouraged!
Post a Comment
<< Home