Thursday, June 05, 2008

A Body Change

So, in the past year, I've lost approx. 25 pounds. It's quite exciting and there's still a long way to go. It's just been a shift to more healthy eating habits and developing a work out routine, so, kind of the "slow and steady wins the race" method. Anywho, in the past couple of months I've put about 4 pounds back on. Normally not a big deal, but for someone who is 4'10", 4 pounds shows.

Lately some of my friends who are trying to lose weight have been posting their progress on their blog. My friend Jordana has been doing it and now Shannon Smith has started. I'm trying to decide if this is a good way to provide some accountability or not. I don't know if I'd be motivated or mortified. Jordy does it, but it somehow seems a whole lot easier as she gets to say things like...I weigh 126 and am trying to get down to 120 which is a far cry from where I am.

The deal would be a starting weight and goal weight posted along with a starting picture. Every week, new picture and progress report.

So, what are your thoughts on this? I think I'd be motivated...I'm just not sure...

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily Fox said...

Do it! It would be fun to keep track of and you can see your progress! You can always make it private posts if you won't want everybody to view it!

9:29 AM  
Blogger MissJordyPants said...

you'll totally be motivated!!! Sometimes, when I'm getting ready to eat ice cream, I think "but I'll have to tell the blog I gained weight." And that's scary stuff. Ice cream back in the freezer!

I'm so excited to watch your progress!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Shannon Smith said...

You should do it and invite all your friends to play along.

I totally agree with missjordypants. I am haunted by my snacking addiction and I think about having to blog every time I open the pantry door.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Sam Ed. said...

I think I'm going to go for it...especially seeing as you guys are the only three who read my blog....well, and Joye...I've almost got up the nerve...

Oh, and Shannon...I've tried to get my friends on board...they all think I'm nuts.

3:24 PM  
Blogger jeff said...

i'm offended sam, i read your blog too! congrats on 25 lbs. that's awesome.

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home