Thursday, August 07, 2008

Where have I been?

I haven't disappeared or moved to some obscure country. I'm still here. Please pardon my lack of posts. The reason for the lack of posts on the body challenge...we've had a bit of a breakdown. Well, really...just a break!

See, while I was in Trinidad, I broke my foot! OUCH! Broke two bones on the side and chipped the ankle bone. Nice huh? So, stuck in a cast/boot is where I've been. Yesterday was my first day (according to the doctors) out of the boot and I'm doing just fine. I must confess, however, that I was not the best patient when it came to actually wearing the boot. I was being so good at wearing it (despite its heavy nature and hotness....and not good hot!) but then, while my cousins...in a drunken stupor i might add...spilled wine in it. That made it just nasty. So, I wore it as much as I could...which was not a whole lot.

So, all that to say, the injury has kept me from much physical activity...which I believe is the key to weight loss...so I have just been holding off. The official word is I have neither lost nor gained weight, so that's good. But, oh well.

I'm not sure if I'll pick the challenge back up. We'll see as the foot continues to recover. Hopefully I'll get the "go ahead" on the physical activity on my follow up appointment at the orthopedist on Tuesday! Such is life...broken foot and all.

1 Comments:

Blogger MissJordyPants said...

ohhhhhhh no! Kisses to your foot!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home